Re: If there would be a way for getting your sight back, would you do it?

OT:  Rereading, I have to ask... what kind of mobility instructor is so incompetent that their students' canes wind up between said students' legs? I suppose that could have been on you, but it sounds so difficult to even do by mistake that I'm imagining the teacher told you to hold it vertically one foot from your body at all times, or something equally antihelpful. FTR, I can't imagine a situation where you'd want it close enough for you to trip on other than extremely tight spaces, while waiting stationarily, or while going sighted guide and just carrying it in your free hand. (My first instructor neglected to tell me that last part, so I managed to trip a guide with it, once, causing her to spill hot coffee on the school secretary. This was not the only practically relevant detail that instructor neglected, just the most scalding.)
(Considering the tone of that first sentence, I'm now expecting a response that will make me feel like an awful person for having made it and failing to imagine the perfectly respectable explanation. ... Bah, Dr. Fate is a jerk, so let's tempt him anyway.)