Re: If there would be a way for getting your sight back, would you do it?

Oh, and as a sidenote, am I allowed to look at you as disabled if you can't speak English and I can?  Should you be allowed to look at me and call me disabled because you can speak Chinese or some other language I can't?  If one or the other becomes the majority, are you disabled if you can't speak it?  does the disability persist provided you don't learn the language?  Can I call you something worse in the book if you decide not to learn it?  What does it say about the word being so negatively used that we sit here and mope because of something we ourselves were unable to affect?  People who otherwise feel the need to look down our noses at us because we're blind or VI seriously have nothing better to do with their lives than to look down their noses at us; if they did they'd be doing it!  If instead of being an advocate of change you feel the need to purch upon your pedestal and tell me that you're sighted and I'm not, because that obviously isn't obvious enough to me, the need to show off and prove yourself greater than I am through your deeds and your abilities, you're more insecure than I am, because I don't feel the need to do any of these things just to please you or your club!  those who love me accept me unconditionally, just as I am, just as I'll be, as everything I've ever been.  That doesn't mean they always like me; it doesn't mean they don't want to help me, but it does mean they understand our differences and our similarities and never try to change one or the other to make me a better person!