Re: Monthly chat March 2018

@vaibhavbhandari I'm rather jealous it's summer where you are. Thankfully after one of the worst februaries on record and March that was so thick in snow it wasn't funny, it finally! seems to be warming up around here which my lady is very relieved about, for someone who originated in Pennsylvania where it can get both very cold, and! very hot, she really has a terrible tolerance to cold lol.

one thing I was pleased about is apparently the gas company has been over charging us, which is nice to know since if we're not using much heat in such extreme weather, it means that all my mum's dire predictions about us having astronomical heating bills in the new house aren't true, then again my mum has always had a weird obsession with heating being uba expensive.

Well not a lot to report. Sadly the guy came from the shop, did a great job with my cambridge audio speakers which lead to my lady and I spending a wonderful time on Monday listening to many many things we've missed, only for the speakers to go ponk about two hours later. My computer isn't recognizing the AV cable they're plugged into, indeed I suspect it's a simple question of settings not being saved on the tv. The problem however is that  both the tv and the speaker box having inaccessible digital menus we'll need to ring the company  to fix things and the guy we spoke to isn't in until Saturday.
So once again my living room is full of effectively £1600 worth of bricks which are no earthly use, which is of course bloody annoying, doubly so since I think the setting is probably comparatively simple but of course it's one that I can't do myself as it's not on the computer so have no access to it.

God I hate! unreadable digital menus, especially in a time when there is no need for such.

That aside things continue. I've written a review for Jack Vance araminta station which I've submited and should hopefully be appaearing on fantasybookreview.co.uk at some point in the near future my lady and I are now reading Joyland by steven King as a break before we go on to Brandon Sanderson's Oathbringer. I'm enjoying Joyland so far, though it's very different from King's other books  but I'll discuss that in the Steven King topic I think when we've finished it.

Game wise other than land of livia things have been a  unsettled though I have had a couple of goes at code 7. If I can get through episode zero I might well buy the full whack, though I want to play through a reasonable amount before I start on a db page.

One mildly irritating issue is I'm not really sure how saves in the game worrk, since while I'm told I have a save file that is partly complete, when I select continue I start again from the beginning, though it's entirely possible I've just not got far enough to find a checkpoint.