Re: Monthly chat March 2018

Hi Orko, Bronchitis is a pain literally.

Well I had an interesting morning today. I was phoned at half past nine by a gentleman calling himself "mike" who purported to be from Microsoft, he was in an urgent hurry to tell me that things had been downloding to my pc and my harddrive was corrupted. he was just telling me I needed to download something when I had had enough, told him he was a scam artist and threatened to call the police.

As he then rang back twice, (from a Uk area number I add), urging me about the horrors threatening my harddrive which according to him was corrupted I'd had enough.
I phoned the action fraud hotline and gave them his number, apart from a very long telephonic wait, hopefully they will catch up with him, or at least get his phone number canceled.

I suspect he got the data from Bt, my phone provider who's call centers are dodgy as hell, not the least because who knows how well they vet their customer services reps in India to make sure people aren't up to no good, heck, to be honest I don't really trust BT as a company anyway not to go selling data to third parties, but hay that's what big companies are like, they  anything to anyone, your details included.

Needless to say I'll be making my number x directory this afternoon.

In other news just finished Steven King's joyland with my lady which I wrote some thoughts about in the steven king topic. A good book on the hole though with it's issues.
I also have finally put a page together for code7, although I couldn't say to much about gameplay or plot for fear of spoilers, still hopefully it'll get the game some publicity.

i'm actually thinking of getting episode 1 at some point, though at this moment I'm more in an action than adventure mood hence why I've redownloaded the demo of the gate and am giving it another try.

I also am very pleased because we got the 5.1 speakers working. it was just one switch that needed pushing! it's awesome to be able to listen to music with my lady again.