Re: Is the HomePod really worth it?

@Hadi I agree with you about laziness, though it is a shame.
With spottify I was put off by the price, particularly since I doubt very much my university would see it as essential, plus of course as I said I do actually like owning music myself since then I can put it on whatever device I want.

with the more general debate over companies, one thing I will say for the Iphone is that Android still hasn't got there over games, aps, accessibility etc. That was why I bought an Iphonee, despite really! not liking Itunes, and why I bought a new Iphone 8 last christmas.
This to me is  the interesting part about peripherals and other devices, not how they can do the same thing as an existing device, but what they can do that is different or unique to them, and new to the customer and their life style.

For example, up until Ios the only way a blind person could have a satnav was pay for a very expensive custom device, which of course had the magic word "accessibility" on it so cost the earth big_smile.

not anymore.
With Android again I don't have enough experience to comment on the platform, though I will say there hasn't as yet been enough uniquely android things that Android can do which say an Iphone couldn't to make it worth my while investigating, ---- the past issues concerning so many different varients of operating system and the need to configure heavily for accessibility haven't exactly improved the case either.

As to the topic at hand, since I have no interest in Apple music or in Itunes the homepod isn't for me at all.