Re: Monthly chat December 2018

@Dark: wow, that's a busy month!
I sing too. Heads up, long post ahead!
Tomorrow Dec 11 the theatre group I'm a part of, called First Act, it's a group involving clients with disabilities that run the gammot, and we're doing our Christmas show for the year. It's Goldilox and the Three Bears but we always change things up a bit. So, our tutors set it in a town called Storyvill, and are bringing some other fairytale characters into the mix. I'm playing Jack, as in Jack and Jill, and we're a sort of comic relief duo for our scenes. We've also got a bunch of songs running the gammot from The Jacksons Can you Feel It, to Shrek The Musical's Big Bright Beautiful World, all the way to A Million Dreams from The Greatest Showman from 2017, plus a custom-made, orchestral/midi, medley of tunes as in act 2 there's a big running away scene, and that one incorporates the Automatic's Monster as the main hook plus a custom melody for one section, and even The Mob Song from Beauty and The Beast. I'm doing a harmony for the final monster bit! We've also got some new cast members this year and they are awesome.
Then, on the 15th in the evening I should be if all goes well, singing at a cabaret event, as far as I know, solo! Two Christmas songs, It's the Most Wonderful Time of The Year in the style of Andy Williams, and a jazzy version of Holly Jolly Christmas in the style of Lady antebellum.
Then, on the 23rd, I'm singing with a choir, and we're in an abbey! It's Voices of the Isle of Wight this choir is actually on YouTube so have a listen to some of our past songs if you wish although I don't know how many I'm in. But, we're doing a bunch of new stuff this year. Absolutely can't wait!
So, that's what I'm doing this month. Oh and we've got our decorations out, it's great hearing my noisy Christmas stuff again especially, the stuff from Hallmark US that I was able to obtain last year. Absolutely loving the sounds that those ones make. One of them sounds like a train as the music plays, it's quite clever.