Re: Creating an audio game using Sable (video 2), by Ebon Sky Studios

redfox wrote:

so, yet another product to make things easier for people and make it so they don't ever have to do work, graite! what happens if it ends up that the language it uses is shit? what happens if it doesn't work correctly? I'll probably still check this out, but i'm probably going to use actual code, because it makes me less of a lazy person

Yes, this engine is for those who can't code. Sounds like this engine is not for you, at all. Because you are able to code, I'll recommend you to pass this topic, do some amazing coding, be a less lazy  person, make your own shit and stop calling people who can't code lazy people. Again, this engine is clearly not for you when writing such comment. It is for people who even don't care about the code, but just want an easy creation tool to help them creating the game they wanna develop, without having to mess with code they aren't able to learn anyway.
Let me take an other example: Websites. CMS systems like Wordpress and others are made for those who don't wanna sit handcoding websites. If you wanna write all the code yourself, then fine. Just do it. But if you wanna be, in your own words, a lazy person, there are other alternatives such as CMS systems, which lets you make a website without having to code.
Do what you want. Code your own games from scratch if that's what you want. But don't say between the lines in projects like this, that people who can't code are lazy persons. You didn't said that directly, but you said that between the lines in the following sentence:
I'll probably still check this out, but i'm probably going to use actual code, because it makes me less of a lazy person
By saying this comment, this engine is not for you for sure...

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : adel . spence via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tomecki via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tomecki via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The coll gamer via Audiogames-reflector