Re: Do the sighted have a good representation and perception of us?

Dark has a point on the Christian and Muslim kill the such and such's.  that having been said, I think to some extent I do agree with Chris on Christians automatically jumping the gun soon as they hear the newest member of their church is blind and wanting to bless their eyes and pray for miraculous healing.  Funnily enough, those are the same Christians who, when someone dies against their prayers of healing, either let go of God completely out of anger, or try to feed everyone else a bunch of spurious nonsense about God not having to explain himself and humans not being capable of understanding the reasons why God does what he does and how it's not right to question why these things happen.
I've said it once and I'll say it again, the greatest threat to the church is the church itself.  Christendom does not come together on most things, and that, is probably the saddest fact going for Christianity as a whole.  People who turn away from God or who have reasons to not seek out anything of the sort have too often done away with the idea of God in general because of what is reflective of the church and its people.  I'll take it a step further; if your pastor preaches nothing but fire and brimstone and how you will be infinitly judged for every finite decision you made in a finite life lived in a finite universe, you're probably not going to wana be there, no matter what the pluses are.