Re: Interactive Fiction Needs You

Yeah Aaron I wish their was more complex RPG style or open world IF as well, but thankfully the IFDB has a tag for built in hints so that takes care of much of it, plus they often have links to walkthroughs if you need them.
You'll find difficulty ratings sometimes too and the other tags should help you find out if a game is particularly puzzle heavy or advanced before hand, along with the user reviews which are sorted by helpfulness.
A guy called Math Brush makes several useful lists too that should help you find more narrative driven games or those more for beginners that will have less difficult puzzles.

And siria, those suggestions are spot on. You always have so much useful info to give about IF and I end up giving you at least one thumbs up every time their is a new topic where someone ends up asking what games to try.
Your knowledge is really impressive! Maybe you should try making some lists on IFDB your self? I'm sure they'd be appreciated!