Re: Monthly Chat January 2019

Well we're approaching the end of January now and its been a funny month indeed.
My lady's application to do voluntary counselling seems to be going well, which will likely stand her in good stead when she applies to do the full councelling degree in September.

For me, well god knows, we'll have to see, though I definitely like the idea of writing professionally.

In the mean time its been a bloody cold few days. My lady and I are reading Dracula together, yes the original from 1897. Its surprisingly good, indeed it'd be interesting to do a review of.

On Sunday we also read arthur miller's the Crycible together. This was a play I did at school, but went to see on stage in the early 2000's, and its a really good portrait of histeria and witch hunts, both literal and figurative, even if bits of it (such as Proctor's wife saying that his having an affair was her fault), seemed rather dated in attitude terms. It was by no means a cheerful read  worth doing.

I've been playing a lot of games, and also working on the db, nice to finally give pages to some of the smaller projects from the past few years like light battles.

Hope everyone else is having a good time thus far.