Re: GoldGun Episode 1 finally released on app stores!

Hi.
Having just played through the game, I have the following feedback:
What I like:
The audio, voice acting and the controls when you have get used to them. The music is also really great in my opinion. The navigation could be really great in future episodes, especially if you can walk around, without having someone to follow you all the time. This navigation could be great in free navigation. But I would not sit in a public place playing the game. People might start wandering what the hell I'm doing, swinging and tilting my phone like crazy. So I only see the game being played when you are alone which is a shame.
What I don't understand:
You are being told to find a number, but you only hear the clicking sounds. Where are the numbers? It's just a matter of getting the gyroscope to work. smile
Bugs and confusion:
What is wrong when opening the settings menu? In the settings, you can play through all the scenes, but you don't find any settings.
The mini game crashes in a weird way, which is kind of difficult to explain..
What I don't like:
The way people look at the blind character, and the way he respond, and especially the lag of normal social skill. I won't recommend any sighted gamers at all to play this game, because they are getting a totally wrong impression about how most blind people really are, and how blindness really works. I'll go as far as saying this is sad that this game has been released to sighted gamers as well, mainly because of that. The game will make it much worse than it already is to go out in the public as a blind person, and get all the crazy comments from people, who don't know better. My point is: When a game is going to teach sighted gamers that this is really how it is to be blind, then blind people who do our best to just live a normal life have to work much harder to tell people the truth.
I look forward to see where this project goes. I will play the future episodes and of course pay to support the hard work you are doing, but I really hope you will do something serious to improve the story, and let all that blindness crap go away. Unless it's ment to really feel "blind" when playing the game, and to give people a totally wrong impression of how it is to be blind, and the wrong impression about blind peoples social skills.
I'm sorry for such extreme insult, but you should have known better when having a blind person in your team. Or, is he going to touch peoples faces the first time he meets them, check out their haircut, and date them five minutes afterwards? smile
I'm off to play other games, where you don't feel "blind" when playing the game, and where you are not constantly being reminded about being blind, and that you are special and different from everyone just because of that.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flameAlchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : abdullah_mohammad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Angel via Audiogames-reflector