Re: why developers should port their games to the Mac

I cannot speak for all laptops, no one really can. I think with uefi the situation could be improving as bios firmwares are so far apart from each other it isn't even funny. Nevertheless, you want to research each the laptop brand you're buying and see what people say about them. Typically if the laptop is bloated, everyone complains. No one wants tons of bloatware, and Lenovo, even Dell I think could be some of the worst offenders of that. Some computers like the gpd win have dedicated keys to hold down that boot straight from a usb stick. Others may allow it directly thanks to signed images being the ones the system will boot from.
A lot of Narrator changes make it into insider builds before the general public gets them, so you certainly have that to take advantage of, though as with any computer I would take frequent backups should an update come to destroy some files.
As far as setup? Thanks to Microsoft's desire to unify the setup experience with Kortana, I should think that other interfaces should not get in the way. Ctrl+windows+enter when the machine starts up will start Narrator for you so you can set up windows, and I believe if you wait too long Kortana may say something, sort of like how it is with the "Mac OS10 includes a built-in screenreader called voiceover" audio message.
If you're looking for a nice cheap yet powerful laptop to get going with, there are referbs from a guy on the trade list that I'm on, who regularly sells machines from $200 to $400. And they aren't cheap fly-by-night brands either, I saw a Panasonic Toughbook go for $400, powerful and durable machine. These machines typically come with a demo of jaws that speaks on boot so you know that the machine is at least up and going, but that's just it - you can get NVDA on them no problem.