Re: Thoughts On Accessible Gaming, Via Chrome OS And GNU/Linux

My problem with Linux is this. Linux is free, as in free speech. As in free speech, there is free speech that is good, bad, and speech that directly goes against the blind, like "we want this app to be as pretty as possible, and don't have time to add accessibility support." Linux, fundamentally, can never be completely accessible unless all developers agree on it, and they *never* will, not all of them.

I tried Linux again a few weeks ago, on Fedora 29. I got everything working fine, even PPSSPP works okay, except that the L and R buttons don't work on my Xbox controller...
I got accessibility set up fine, except OcrDesktop relies on X11, and Fedora comes with Wayland by default and I didn't want to mess with another config file...
I got Wi-fi and sound set up the way I want, except the Gnome setting center is pretty inaccessible...
I got RH-voice installed, but Orca wouldn't use it...
I got Emacspeak installed, but Voxin wasn't available for Fedora 29, 28, 27, 26...
All these problems lead to a simple answer, Linux just isn't good enough for me. Before Fedora, I also tried Slint, which uses older packages for just about everything, and is not friendly for a beginner.

To put this on games topic, there are very few games for Linux because few blind people use Linux, for good reason really, unless they really hate Windows that badly and believe Apple to be spying on its users.
One last thing: I remember reading on an email list that blind computer users shouldn't use a operating system chiefly because of ideals. I second that, as Linux is always going to be behind in accessibility unless more thought is given to it by developers of desktops, applications, and window managers, and this inaccessibility is why people don't use, or develop, for Linux.