Re: Life without USB kind of sucks

Yes, unless they've locked down usb access, in which case that would be just plain dumb. The only people that should be doing that are corporate entities where security is of the utmost priority, in which case, sure go ahead makes sense, but otherwise, no one should. Speaking of security being of the utmost priority, if it weren't for all these underground Jaws scripts, I have to wonder if businesses would still be attracted to Jaws like they are now. After all, in this always online world, we're always keeping our eye on Facebook and friends, why aren't we doing the same for closed source screenreaders? They have the power to be the most powerful malware because they are:
1. a keystroke logger
2. They fetch the entirety of your screen
By no means am I saying that Jaws, for example, is actually malware. But they always tell you to disable your antivirus when licensing it as if it's standard issue. It only takes that one time to sneak in a rootkit. Again, I'm not saying Jaws is any of this, but it seriously has the technical potential to be given that it's closed source, my point being that if it's open source someone can run a security audit, or pay someone to do so, and if such a rootkit were in play they could easily have it removed. Not the case if a closed source screenreader pulled a stunt like that.
Anyway, back on topic, lol.