Re: Please, make topic resurrection illegal on here

I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree with this. If you see a topic that's old, and nothing of substance has been added to it, then move along, nothing to see here, post on a topic that does interest you. I realize that not everyone has that amount of self-control, but the true duds, no matter how recent or necroptic they are, end up sinking with or without any enabling of others. Complaining that a topic is old and therefore useless, however, often has the exact opposite effect, so, since checking the original date barely takes a second, why don't you all try doing that, and then let it die a natural death. That, of course, is not even getting into the fact that a topic can be old but still relevant. What would you rather see? 400 topics about, to take a popular example on this particular forum, where to obtain free sound libraries, or one centralized location which gets added to over time? Obviously, I'm exaggerating a bit here, but personally, if we're talking about the fading art of netiquette, there is nothing more annoying to me than seeing someone ask a question that was literally answered days ago. Granted, this is much more of an issue on email lists, where you might see the following:
On Monday, John asks, "How do I change the speech rate of NVDA on the fly?" he gets an answer, thanks the person who answered him, and then, on Thursday, Judy comes along and asks the same question in a separate thread. John and Judy are both most likely long-time members, too, and are capable of performing a search either of the list archives or on Google. Again, I'm being slightly facetious here, but my point still stands, and it's more common than you'd think. I fear that enforcing such a rule would produce the same sort of effect here, and would make scrolling through the most recent posts a lot more laborious than it needs to be, because people would be over cautious about when, and what, they should post.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : braille0109 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : simter via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector