Re: Absolute truth, the testament of truth.

Ironcross, one of these days you'll have to show me how gender theory is flawed, and you'll have to demonstrate that white privilege doesn't exist. I'm afraid that until you do this, you're not very credible. And that's okay. You don't have to be. But please don't expect me to take your words on the topic seriously until you can back them up with more than just opinions. At this point, I have the distinct impression that you would deny these concepts even if they were graven in stone and set before you as immutable truth, that your objection is one of stubbornness over reason. That is your prerogative, but I'm well and truly done discussing this point with you directly. Insofar as this very specific subject is concerned, I feel you to be a lost cause, through and through. You might be a nice person, a fair debater, a staunch ally for those who have been beaten down (depending on who they are and what they did, anyway), but a stolid advocate on the side of human rights you most definitely are not.

Bashue, I really don't think anyone's buying what Terence is selling, and by extension what you're selling either. I'm also not a fan of being told that I lock people in padded cells and only seek to "zombiefy" them, even after I've made clear on multiple occasions by now that I think a multidisciplinary approach is best for virtually all forms of mental illness.

But you didn't stop there. You got into the sexual violence/abuse thing, so at this point, here's where I go into mod mode.

Moderation:

This is a caution, not a punitive warning or anything greater.

We very likely have other sexual abuse survivors on this forum, whether we know who they are or not. While I cannot and will not ask you to change what you believe regarding their own complicity, I'm going to ask that you stop ascribing fault to them. If you say that you think they got what was coming to them, and then provide bits of religious doctrine citing the same thing, this is tantamount to supporting the act of victim-blaming. There are abuse survivors who might stumble across this thread, all unknowing, and read your words, and take measurable ill from them, and as a member of this forum's staff team I feel it is incumbent upon me to limit the sort of harm this might do. Now, quite obviously I cannot protect everyone from everything, but given that I am not alone in this condemnation of your stance, and given the measurable harm such a stance can do, I'm going to ask that you lay off this particular angle. Put another way: you've made your point, and I don't see anyone else agreeing with you, and given the potential for far worse to happen if you continue, I'm respectfully asking you to let that part of it, in particular, go.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector