Re: Accessibility of online therapy apps?

I have a bit of an update, although I'm afraid it's not good news.

Since the response from Talkspace I received last week, I haven't heard anything back from them.

I was also hopeful after finding a lead on a blind psychologist. I contacted this person through their website and expressed my concerns about online therapy apps, asking them if they had any experience with them. I also asked about anything else I should know, since many private therapists do offer video chatting services, in terms of platforms which they might use that are more accessible than others. That way, when contacting said therapists, I would be able to ask which platform they use and get an idea of how successful I might be at using it. Even though I believe private therapists would be way out of my price range, it was an avenue I was at least willing to explore.

Well, the only response to my message, which I believe was worded clearly and concisely, was to ask whether or not I wanted to set up an appointment. I replied that if I needed an appointment to discuss my concerns, that I would do that, but I'm not from the area in which this person practices, so it would have to be over the phone if at all possible. However, the complete lack of acknowledgment to anything I'd said is troublesome, and I'm wary of what, if anything, to expect. I'm definitely feeling discouraged at this point.