Re: people touching blind people

@Turtlepower, I haven't experienced the religious motivation as often since extreme religious views are just not common in the Uk, but yes I agree. I'll say that these incidents have vastly reduced since I got a guide dog, but they still do happen.

What really irritates me is when the touching gets to a level that others would consider offensively boundary breaking, for example recently I was in a shop and working my way around a desk, and an old geezer literally stuck a hand either side of my waste and attempted to bodily shove me backwards, despite the fact that my guide dog was quite able of working her way around.
I proceeded to shove his hands off me  step back, said, in what I admit was a less than pleasant tone "Yes! I'm alright!"

Just to compound the problem,  he then proceeded to grab my wife's arm and forcebably steer her towards the desk, which she accepted with her usual good grace, and a friendly hello, and said to her "your male doesn't like being touched does he"

Yes, he actually referred to me as "your male!", and spoke about me to her since planely my dislike of someone grabbing me around the waste made me even less human.

Its encounters like these which make me really wish for those tasers big_smile.