Re: Trimps

@greensatellite

Glad you found the info useful!

Well, you know your project better than anyone, so I will not argue, but I am a firm believer in single page for sighted and non-sighted alike. Only time will tell, whether I change my stance on that.

One more thing I wanted to throw out there that I think greatly improves UX for me as an SR user (and I would assume for other SR users) and that is intelligently jumping the system focus.. It is somewhat annoying when I press a button that brings up some menu or text or whatever and then I have to navigate over to it manually. It just makes the UX not smooth. But when the system focus jumps by itself where I wanted to go, then the app feels very smooth.

So, a good thing to keep in mind when developing the game, if toggling some pane or whatever, there is only one place logically that a screen reader would want to jump to after taking that action, then just jump the system focus there automatically.

I know this kinds of complicates things, since now you have to dig into your _javascript_ as well and might mean some things that dont have tabindex need one, which needs to be applied intelligently, but I just wanted to put it out there, in case it could improve the feel of playing the game. Like a cherry on top.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : greensatellite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : greensatellite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : razvitasca via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Cody_91 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : greensatellite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector