Re: Trimps

Ok, I played the game quite a bit now. I love it and it's very playable, but here are some things I noticed / ideas.

First off, I play with jaws, it seems to play better with NVDA, I guess it's because greensatellite is testing with it or because NVDA works better in chrome or because they use the virtual cursor to navigate DOM differently and it turns out that NVDA manages it better, I don't know.

So the log updates tends to make my focus shiver. It happened to me more than once that say I wanted to buy the dagger, but the log updated and my focus moved on the shield and I bought the shield. Another thing that makes my focus move is the text update on the buttons. Say I buy the dagger, and now I can't buy another one, the text on the button changes to not affordable and it usually makes my focus go back to the shield. When there is a lot of logging, my focus is getting really crazy. However, this only happens to the DOM after the log itself, since it's the log that is updating. If I'm above the log, say in the wood or science section, no problem at all. This is why I'd preferred the log to be at the bottom of the page so I could just go to the end of the page and go up to read it. What do you think guys?

Another issue is that I noticed with NVDA there is a "End of log" heading, but jaws doesn't detect that heading. it jumps straight from "Trimps" to "Build", weird! I don't know what could be causing this, I didn't look at the source, is there something different with that heading compared to the other ones? Is it hidden?

Also, it happens sometimes that I cannot click some clickable elements. Never happened with buttons, but it happens with the "Build" heading and the "world" or "maps". It doesn't happen all the time, sometimes I press enter multiple times and it works, but some other times it just will never work, I have to launch NVDA and go click it. Part of the issue is probably caused by the tooltip being over some element I want to click. I still can access with jaws the text behind the tooltip, but sometimes the interaction with those hidden elements get messed up.

The achieves screen works great, but there is something bothering me. When I'm on a cell in the grid, it tells me the progress of the not completed achievement in that row, even if I'm on a completed achievement cell. Don't know if it's a bug, but I'd prefer to read the progress of the achievement I'm focusing, not the progress of another achievement on that row. For instance, I'd like it to read "Completed, clear 30 total zones" and if I move right "Not completed, 35/70, clear 70 total zones". Currently, it would read something like "Completed, 35/70, Clear 30 total zones". It's just an example to illustrate what I mean, I don't want the text to be exactly what I wrote, I like the way it's reading tiers and everything, it's just to show what I mean. Because, I don't know what happens if there are multiple not completed achievements on the row, which progress will it read out to me?

Oh and if people are wondering why I'm not using NVDA, I'm more used to jaws and I didn't find cool voices for NVDA and I don't know all the nifty tricks to be fast with NVDA, but that is a whole different debate. @greensatellite, just so you know, it's not rare to see flame wars between screen-readers, some say one is better than another and it's like a war of cults, the cult of NVDA and the cult of jaws. Some people use both, some people don't care, some people use other screen readers, etc. It's just like people argue over Android versus iOS and Windows versus MAC versus Linux.

Anyways, that is all for me... for now.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Cody_91 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : greensatellite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Origine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Audacity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Origine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Valmorian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Origine via Audiogames-reflector