Re: Honest discussion, why pay for and use jaws over free screen readers?

I am an NVDA user.

When I tried using Jaws, I felt like it was eating at my system more than NVDA was.  Additionally, the screen resolution limitation is a huge downer for me, due to the software I use requiring, in some cases, 1080p minimal resolution (Superior Drummer 3).

As for office related stuff, I don't use Microsoft Office, but a free program called Open Office.  It has alot of, if not all the same capabilities as Microsoft Office, and can even read/write documents in MS format, is free, and works very well with NVDA, at least for me.

As for music, I use Reaper, because using outdated Sonar with Caketalking scripts, which are equally outdated, doesn't appeal to me.   I found, for my applications, Reaper has done everything I ever needed it to, plus some, and NVDA is the home of SIBIAC which is an awesome add-on that makes a lot of very useful VST plugins accessible in a very unique way.

Everyone is going to have something that works best for them, and in my case, it's NVDA.  Not saying I will hate Jaws, because Jaws is the first screen reader I ever learned how to use back when I was in high school, and shortly after; even when I could see, I always had low vision, so I would actually test myself, and use Jaws with my monitor off, just to get the proper feel of it, so  for me, I do have to say thank you to Jaws for getting me started with Screen readers, but in the end, I ended up jumping ships to better fit my needs.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Origine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Origine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mohammed-mufleh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mahdi-abedi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mahdi-abedi via Audiogames-reflector