Re: Honest discussion, why pay for and use jaws over free screen readers?

@Origine as regards NvdA and voices, I'm running vocaliser expressive with nvdA right now, see https://vocalizer-nvda.com/

Yes, I had to pay for the voice licensing, but it was worth it as  the various free voices NVdA came with just weren't responsive enough to work for me, and Being vocaliser you get all the language switching etc.

I'm also a bit confused as to what people mean about NvdA having a "complex  setup or needing many addons.

I started with NvdA in January of 2017, and only downloaded my first addon after a good week or so of using the program, and that while learning a new version of windows at the same time.

I can't even say its that there were similarities between NVda and Supernova, since other than web  shortcuts such as h for heading or b for button they really aren't too similar.

As for addons, I only use a few addons, and those  for  programs rather than to add general functionality to NVdA, such as speaking text in interactive fiction interpreters or adding some extra control info for vlc media player.

I think the only pure functionality addon I've downloaded is the one to speak clipboard actions, since I like to know when I've copied text to the clipboard.

I also can't claim any specific aptitude with screen readers or experience either. My attempts to use my lady's version of Window eyes were quite a disaster, and my one try out with Jaws wasn't any better. Indeed, maybe the "complexity" people mention is simply a matter of Jaws and NVdA doing things differently, and people being used to the one as opposed to the other.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Origine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Origine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mohammed-mufleh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mahdi-abedi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mahdi-abedi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Origine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : serrebi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Origine via Audiogames-reflector