Re: I recommend tactical battles

@defender, very strange, since  the TBServer process is still running and was started on October 16.
I tested connecting to it and it worked just fine for me.
I'm not sure why you wouldn't have been able to connect all those different times.
Are you able to connect to it now? As I said, nothing has changed since October 16.

@zakc93, cool, though I am unsure what kind of maps he was working with.
It sounds like they were maps to represent the layout of a playground.
Since you took part in the study, can you describe some of the techniques he used to make maps more understandable?
Or how about you Defender, since it looks like you participated as well.
I'll certainly read his findings if he publishes them.
Or better yet, try his digital map prototype if he publishes that.

I've brainstormed some map ideas for a game like Risk, which is played on a rough map of the world.
Obviously that gets interesting since each territory/country is of a different size, and is certainly not laid out in a grid.
Though I think grids work pretty well for many types of games.

@Cody_91, I hear ya.
The unit time limit is intended to keep a multiplayer game moving.
It wouldn't be necessary for single player, and could probably even be turned off in multiplayer if 2 friends trusted each other to keep the game going.
Chess is often played with timers, especially if the 2 players are in a tournament, so I think this fits that analogy well.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ian Reed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : caio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : milos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Cody_91 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : milos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : joshknnd1982 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ian Reed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ian Reed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : caio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector