Re: Google Stadia discussion

This sounds cool on the surface, but I have several concerns. First, is anyone going to make accessible games? Microsoft has had their TTS API and Narrator for about a year and a half now, but the only major projects I've heard of that take advantage of it are the EA sports titles. This is why I won't buy an Xbox. What's the point if we can play one or two games out of thousands? The same goes for this service. Google might make it accessible, but what's the point if 99% of the games don't work for us? It might be cool if audio games could be ported to that platform, but I don't know how many developers would be willing to do that.

Latency and a constant network connection is the other major problem. If you have no coverage, you're out of luck. This is all running on someone else's server, so what happens if that server goes down? All those games will be lost just like they would if Apple decided to take down their App Store or remove them for violating their dumb arbitrary guidelines. That'll be the end of archiving games, and publishers will have the DRM control they've always wanted.