Re: Terrible, Awful, No-good, Very Bad...spelling?

@Turtlepower:
Fun fact, and I only mention this because you're fastidious:
There's a difference between elicit and illicit. The former is a verb, the latter is an adjective.
"His reaction elicits a greater response than expected" versus "Selling illicit material is not a good idea".
This one hung me up for years, actually, because I thought it was the same damn word, just English doing its thing.

But on a primal level, I, too, have to catch myself shaking my head at people who don't bother learning how to spell. Or rather, I used to do this a lot and have kicked myself so that I stopped. Because laziness is a real problem, and it's not getting any better, that's for sure. I don't think it will ever completely not bother me, though, when I play AA and I see a gossip message like this:
"How do I find the speerit stone in the honted hills? I keep getting attacked by goasts and stuff and my soard won't hit them. Halp!
Just...ugh. Nails. Chalkboard.