Re: Love2D: a simple, featureful game engine for most platforms

@2 Not sure what you found unintuitive about Alto. I used it to build the audio subsystem for the engine I was originally working with and it was probably the most straight-forward part. smile The most complicated bit was integrating third-party libraries for loading Vorbis, MP3 and wave files, then integrating all of that into Amethyst's asset pipeline.

As for Rust game engines, Amethyst and GGEZ seem to be where most development is happening right now. I was working with Amethyst before I decided last week to invest a week in Love2D, and I was pretty happy with it, but it's an Entity Component System all the way down. So if ECSs aren't your thing, then stay clear of Amethyst.

I personally like the ECS pattern, but Amethyst's implementation was starting to get a bit hairy for me. I had some functions with 14-parameter call signatures so some systems got all the data they needed, and that was just for a simple Asteroids shooter. But Amethyst seems to be where lots of momentum is gathering, and they were much more receptive to game accessibility than the Godot folks were, so if I ever need a Rust engine for whatever reason then I'm likely back to Amethyst.