Re: Research papers?

I'm afraid when I tried Libra office it just wasn't up to the task. Part of this might  been access, EG it was very frustrating that everytime I used the spellcheck I was bounced back up to the top of the  document, part however is just the fact that at the moment the program doesn't have the features or content MS word has when it comes to footnotes, comments, extra synonim information etc.

its a shame, I like the idea of Libra office  principle and I did try the thing out, but ended up having to pay for ms office anyway myself, particularly annoying since I don't personally use XL or powerpoint and don't find outlook a useful program, so essentially I'm only ever paying for word, but such is the microsoft monopoly.