Re: Harsher action for copy paste

Let's say I take the pacman concept. I make my own sounds for the ghosts, the dots, the intro, credits and any exit music, as well as the little level intro bumper. Then I write it all myself, all the code is mine and not taken from anywhere except where properly licensed. SO, that means I get to use libraries I have the license to use, or which are publicly available and I am abiding by the license terms. SO, all my sound, and all my code except for libs and stuff, but the game logic and all that is mine. Any sounds I am abiding by the license terms, etc. Then I can release it and I don't see a problem with that. It's when people release these games without acknowledging where they come from, saying they did this and that when all they really did was reworked some source code, mostly just changing a few constants and variables to make it feel a bit different, then replacing some of the sounds. That, I think, should be punishable on this forum.