Realtech soundcards not audo rooting to headphones.

Hi all
So, I just got a new school computer, from the school, and it is a dell with a touch screen, it's one of those little nice 2-in-1 laptop tablet things.
However, when i plug in my headphones, the sound stll goes threw the speakers. I had to have someone with sight click the setting that changes it to headphones, because it is just acled spaekers/headphones.
What i was wondering is, if there is a way that i can, 1 get to tihs box with out sighted help, or 2, have it audo detect my headphones.
Thanks,
Ty