Re: Realtech soundcards not audo rooting to headphones.

I am not at all knowledgeable on what Realtech is up to these days, but you might be able to go into the Realtech control panel and disable jack detection. There are also registry tweaks you can make to disable jack detection, but I don't know a lot about that. And if this is a school computer you might not be able to access regedit. If you can though, there's a generic change you can make that just might help. Try looking for the key "forcedisablejd". Just go up to the very top level of the registry, press control F and type "forcedisablejd" in the find box, without the quotes, and after a few minutes it will hopefully find it. Press enter on this and type 1 and then enter again, and then restart the computer. The worst that will happen is that it won't make a difference, and I'm kinda thinking that it won't work, since I've had cases where it doesn't, but if you want to, give it a shot.