Re: Why do so many blindies bash android?

I guess, it comes always down to what kind of person you are. If you want something, that works out of the box, that is simple and easy to use, you should go for an Iphone. I did that, when I bought my first smart phone many years ago. It was an Iphone 5, and it worked very well.
Today, I am using both, Android and IOS. At some point, when my current Iphone stops working, I plan to switch to Android completely. Mostly, because I don't want to pay Apple's rediculously high prices anymore.
As for what is better than the other, well, I don't think, neither is really "better". Both systems have their advantages and their disadvantages. With IOS for example, you can always rely upon having updates on a regular basis for at least three years. While with Android that is kind of a different story.
I have a moto G5. Motorola released an update to Android 8.1 Oreo last year. My phone hasn't gotten this update until now. So, a few weeks ago, I sat down, and updated it manually. It worked well, but it also required a lot of research and time. I understand, if not anyone wants to deal with things like that.
On the other hand, with Android I can dictate text messages in different languages without having to change the keyboard. That's a feature, that I find very handy, and that I would like to see on IOS as well.
But also, you won't have Seeing AI, Blindsquare or Microsoft Soundscape on Android. Surely, you could use Envision AI. But that App is not yet, where Seeing AI is. And I still haven't figured out, what would be a good navigation software for blind people on Android.
Bottom line, both systems are usable. It just depends on how much time and efford you want to put in, to learn to use them.