Re: Why do so many blindies bash android?

I have really tried hard, very hard to use a mac. I also have tried very hard to use and Ipad. And I simply could just never get the hang of it... let alone the very basics. Everything was just too.. confusing? done in just one way, sort of terribly planned.
I Started using android as back as 2010! when accessibility was just usable, for calling and that was it. Granted, I had switched from a nokia phone with talks so things were just about the same in terms of accessibility. The reasons why i never got an IPhone were firstly high prices and secondly that I needed to change the way the sim card was just so I could use a newer phone, and back in the day providers here were not that caught up with the trend.
So, android it was. The web experience was disappointing, too many apps everyone had I could not use, but slowly and surely that changed and now accessibility is about the same in both platforms.
I have had four android phones, three of them with physical keyboards. You never got that with an IPhone for example.
The current one now is the Samsung galaxy a9, famous for its social media presense with 4 rear cameras on board and no physical keyboard--I am a musician so the cameras and stuff serves me well--also audio quality is pretty good too.
As for good navigation apps, in the spanish speaking world we do ahve lazarillo app, in other places I think the notnav gps or "eye D" with its travel mode are decent enough. People praise nearby explorer a lot though it costs a small price and it only works well in U.s. and Canada.

I really appreciate multi language voice dictation, as well as prediction. And curiously, I have been running with samgsung just recently, and its been done rather pretty well, they do have certain accessibility enhancements for a few key areas of the system, one example being that you can buy a bunch of cheap NFC sticky tags and record small voice clips on them and you just got a cheap pen friend labeller, so you can mark whatever you want and use the phone to identify stuff, all free of charge and as part of the system with no additional app needed.
Power goes pretty decent in this phone, a charge  lasts me three days in average.
Not sure what else to compare, if anything? everyone's phone usage is different so its better if you tell us what are your favorite or most  frequently done things in the IPhone world and we could probably review (or trash) an app for those. lol.

By the way talkback and explore by touch are no longer two separate apps, they had merged years ago, so there is also bashing due to lots of misinformation.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the player via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ross via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector