Re: Cloning games, how much?

Cloning, now that seems to be a sensitive topic in this small comunity of ours.  Just remember, an idea starts from somewhere, weather it be original, or an idea that stems from somebody else's creation; and besides isn't a clone an exact copy of something else?  For example if i were to create a concept demo like Tk, and mind you its only a concept, so the ideas of having your chars walk round the map and shoot one another would be shared.  Now thats as far as it would go to beeing TK.  Now, lets say I through in a small twist.  A I players.  Red spot you say?  correct.  Now it mimiks that and thats where i would have to come up with my own ideas.  Plenty to make my FPS stand out from those 2 games and those that spawned from them.  Thats where my creativity would have to come in to play.  And yes Manamon is mostly a rip off from pokemon, and yet we play it.  The sighted community has so many games that came from other games that its not even funny.  And to me it seems that a hero's call stemmed from Final Fanticy.  Take a look at music.  The music that came from ireland and Scotland came to the US and that became bluegrass, and then that became classic country, and that became todays country; wich spawned a bunch of other country  genres.  The same goes for Latin music. all that came from music from the African slaves, Spaniards, and local tribes.  Now what about cultures?  I could go on and on my friends.  We as humans could not come up with an original idea if it bit us in the ass.  All human ideas came from some idea another human before said human came up with.  I think we as a community need to not be so judgemental  towards one another when it comes to the games we have, but i do understand the bashing when it comes to and exact, and i mean an exact copy or clone of somebody elses game..