Re: Do you feel excluded?

@dark, perhaps it's not an immediate  question of getting sight back or not, but the resentment you've described is what often leads blind people to wishing they did have it. What makes more sense? Solving every subset of problems we face because of our lack of vision, which can take lifetimes worth of work to do, or just give blind people the one thing that would solve all of those problems? Nothing, because both are outrageously unrealistic answers.
The inconveniences of blindness are exactly why we feel the way we do, and it seems the only way to rid our lives of those inconveniences is by the generosity of other humans, which you can almost guarantee doesn't exist in a vast majority of the world. So I still argue we're left with either wanting people to be better-natured or having sight.

Having just gone through a social media purge, I'm not missing anything substantial. In fact, a lot of what I was exposed to on Facebook and other popular platforms did far more damage to my everyday life than I realized, and this was just within the last month.

Regarding tech, I full-heartedly agree that developers should take all groups into account when assessing usability. The issue with that, however, is the gap between developers and those groups. Most developers aren't going to regard usability, and I'm using that word because accessibility doesn't quite do us justice for our cause. They don't factor in screen reader access or any assistive technology during the development life cycle. But developers are humans, too; sighted ones, at that. They should be held at a higher expectation due to the nature of their work, but they, like the general population, have probably never encountered a blind person, and even if they wanted to make their products usable to blind users, they have to know exactly how assistive tech interacts with their products, and that becomes a very extremely complicated thing outside of a few HTML elements. I'm not excusing what's been accused of here, but I thought I'd give some perspective on the tech side.