Re: Sudden attack is not a clone

Well now this topic was an interesting read.
I'm sure a lot of you, sam and carter especially, know all the stuff I've done in the past in regards to redspot cloning. I think part of the issue has to do with people just being young and stupid, but also because of general ignerence. Sure, when I was working on my cloned ver of redspot, I knew exactly what I was doing, and I honestly didn't care. I'd actually say my mindset was sort of similar to that er guy's over there. If anyone asked me why I kept on working on code that wasn't mine to begin with, my response would usually be something along the lines of well, it's fun, and I like doing my own things with your code, see feature x and feature y that I've already coded, etc etc. It took actually talking to devs who had this stuff happen to them for me to really change. It also took a little ass kickary from a friend of mine who was totally against what I was doing, but that's another thing intirely. Something else I find interesting is that half of these people seem to be from other countrys, it's like all the non english speakers could really give less of a fuck about what they do and where there amazing little game actually came from. Now one thing I'd like to talk about here is programming languages. As a primary, I still use bgt for the most part, for most of the reasons stated above, but also because it's just what I'm used to. It's what I've been using for a year and a half, and doing just about anything comes more naterally to me than it ever did with python. With that said though, I do plan on switching completely to python at some point. I do get tired of bgt's limitations, and also python has things I've always wanted in bgt, mainly a 64 bit compiler, plus all the extra modules and let's not even get me started on the huge community over on stack overflow. So I'm still kind of learning python, and so far minefield re write has been and will probably continue to be an interesting start as far as making python games go for me.
Hopefully someone found this sort of long rambling and pointless post useful. If you did, let me know.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : DaddySpice via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : DaddySpice via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : DaddySpice via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : UltimateBlade via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mazen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector