Re: Sudden attack is not a clone

Right, here we go. Time for a rather harsh post. This for anyone who is determined to blame the target for things that happen to them no matter what. I probably went overboard here, but whether it's here on this forum or other places the fact that anyone thinks it's ok to always blame the person getting hacked or abused is absolutely and utterly outlandish, and while this topic exists I may as well vent here.
lol the fact that anyone thinks hacking only happens because you give information... sorry but that is the most laughable thing I've heard all day. You really think a hacker just calls someone up and goes yo dude I wanna hack you can you give me your password thanks? No, that's not how it works. Sure sometimes it is, hacking at it's core works because we're humans and *no one! can make a perfectly impenetrable system, and yes sometimes the vulnerability is indeed in the human running the machine, but other times, many many other times, the vulnerability comes from the people who created the machine. If someday you get your ass handed to you by some hacker who wanted a little extra cash, I really and truly hope you don't start wondering what friend of yours betrayed you, because there is a large chance it wasn't any of their faults. More likely it's because you forgot to install a critical windows update that fixed some zero-day exploit allowing someone to slip a virus on your machine while you were sleeping. Or maybe a chrome extension looked interesting but it actually sent your passwords off to some dude in Africa. Maybe you connected to a public WiFi network and then downloaded some new hot audiogaming title, but the fake network you were connected to modified the file you were downloading and gave you a virus instead. Maybe that audiogame you just ran that looked interesting was a carefully disguised trogen that let someone remotely control your computer and log every key you pressed and thus learning your passwords. You could argue that running that game that was actually a virus required human interaction and thus was your fault, but if so I'll just laugh if there is ever a topic you make on the forum talking about how you got robbed, because obviously it's your fault. Your the stupid idiot who didn't employ a 24-7 police watch and bullet proof windows for your house. And if you did, it's also your fault that you didn't purchase titanium siding or something like that so they couldn't easily blow a hole in the wall. You did purchase that? Yeah well guess your the mindless idiot for not getting it strong enough. Or maybe it's your fault because you didn't put your valuables in an expensive safe designed to prevent them from being stolen. You did? What the hell dude how could you be so dumb! It's obviously your fault and no one else's that someone had stolen the plans to that particular brand of safe and knew how to bypass it's security. I really hope you see where I'm going with this. When you hack, your just trying to gain entry. That doesn't mean calling up facebook and saying hey man uh, so uh, I would like access to all facebook passwords because I'd like to sell them and get access to my friend's accounts. It actually happens because yes sometimes an insider leaks that information, as I said that's certainly possible, or there was some flaw in one of facebook's webpages or apps that allowed someone to misuse it to steel that information. Anyway anything else I'd say would just be more repetitive than all the stuff I've said already, so I really hope you get what I'm trying to say now. If not, I'll let you continue living your life, blaming all those people who died in shootings for being so dumb as to be in the location that a shooting was going to take place when it took place, because of course the fact that they didn't know, couldn't know that there was to be a shooting is just an irrelevant factor that doesn't need to be considered. right?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pranam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mazen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pranam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pranam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : DaddySpice via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector