Re: A small game idea I'd like tested

I've uploaded another test version of the game.

The menus are more stable and you can now use the "New game" to progress through 3 missions.  I'm currently thinking I'll have the game take you through a story line of missions, letting you add a 2nd and 3rd vigilante as you progress.  Between missions you'll be able to spend upgrade points on your people.  As long as 1 of your people survives a mission, they all do.

I'm also on the fence about making this a "rogue-like" game, where you have no saves and the game ends if you fail a mission.  This was my original plan when I started on this, but now I'm sort of going back and forth trying to decide if this is the right move.  In my experience, there aren't many people in the audio game community who share my style of playing games.  To me, knowing 1 failed mission means I lose all of my progress, just makes it more exciting.  Others would probably hate this popular mechanic (which is present in games considered rogue-like games).  I'm open to people's thoughts on this.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : gonzalez2016s . alovver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ghaith via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : shane via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector