Re: For beginners. Why is C# better than Python for audio game development

kianoosh wrote:

Please. Please! Someone tell him what is the difference between an audio game and a video game. You can build up a perfect and fine-working audio game, without performance issues with python, with no dout.

I've talked to experienced developers about this.
As a result, we came to the conclusion that we can create audio games with Python. But in the event that I plan big maps, open world, performance is important. They told me that in case I want to use Python, in the mechanics of my game I need to use C++.

kianoosh wrote:

In my opinion, If even an audio game that has everything a version of gta  has, won't make a problem on python. Python is probably slower at graphical operations but first it's not as slow as jonikster says, second we're talking about audio games so it's out. Done.

Offline game? Maybe so. But I doubt Python will be able to work with maps of the same size as in GTA without optimization.
Create an online game like GTA, it is impossible in Python without optimization.

kianoosh wrote:

Who told you There's no android development on python? I better say, have you ever put the effert to look and search through git hub and google to possibly find python-for-android, or other stuff that might be there except python-for-android? I'm really amazed

Kianoosh, are you sure you read my post carefully?

jonikster wrote:

No, you can, but with Python, this is not enough.

kianoosh wrote:

Hay wait wait I forgot about this. The title of this post is about audio game development. May I know why "grand theft auto" mentioned here, Why did video games came under my cursor? It's how something can be illogical.

Because I take these games as examples.
If you remove graphics, physics from these games, you still need performance.
Yes, 80% of performance in video games is used by graphics. But map processing is also an important thing.

kianoosh wrote:

Oh wait wait I again forgot about something. Go check out world of tanks. It's enough for someone who's really after picking up a good programming language for audio game development, even though world of tanks is not an audio game but it is listed in the most played games so Probably when python does its job that well for world of tanks, will do the same even better on our audio games

You repeat the mistake of many developers.
***
Use Python! Youtube uses Python. Ok. world of tanks uses Python.
***
But don't forget that world of tanks doesn't use only Python. The game engine uses C++.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : omer via Audiogames-reflector