GDE Game Development

I guys.

Some of you may know about the Sonus GDE. An easy to use game making tools to create games from the sonus console and the sonus PCP (PC Player).

So far a lot of people have given me good feedback on it but that feedback is mostly from people who have never programmed before. And although its great to know people can pick it up fairly easily and start creating I also want to try and get serious developers involved.

So I was wondering if anyone has given it a go? And if so what are your general opinions and more importantly criticisms.

Some feedback already has informed me they dont like drop down selections for making games. So I have included hot keys and something called GDE script. Which allows you to write out actions rather than select them.

Including python was also raised and I completely agree, although it seems it could be quite a task and I need to ensure it would be worth the effort.

If you have tried developing with the GDE and would like to try it. This link will point you to the GDE and tutorials.
http://www.sonusinteractive.co.uk/GDE.html

The PCP is also there which plays the built/exported games.

Also there is an example project called Witch hunt in the game library which is here
http://store.sonusinteractive.co.uk/Index.php

As well as the built version which can be played on the PCP.

So I'd love to hear what you think and if I can give you a tool that could make game development quicker and maybe increase the rate which games come out.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bopitmaster34 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bopitmaster34 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector