Re: What is wrong with the NFB?

@14, yes, its a right. The major roadblock is how the hell are you going to pass the tests th get you qualified for a license? Its not that the states are actively prohibiting blind people, its that its going to be kinda hard to pass those tests, and then to use it in actual combat against a murderer, for example. Believe me, I want to own a firearm too, but the right isn't just to firearms, its to all arms. That includes any other kind of self defense (which is an armament). Yes, a firearm sounds nice, but it caries a high risk fo you accidentally killing a bystander because you didn't know they were there. How will you get around it? The court is not going to absolve you of manslaughter because you have a visual impairment because you shot a bystander when you thought that that was where the murderer was in self-defense (wen the murder was actually behind you, for example).
I'm not saying that blind people shouldn't carry a license, but some issues need to be worked out before we just go handing out firearms to every blind person we meat.