Re: What is wrong with the NFB?

My issue is that they will sue companies over stupid shit. They're trying to make the blind community look better (because lets be real here, to pretty much 3/4 of the US and the rest of the world, they represent us), but they sue companies over the fact that microwaves don't talk (who the hell needs a talking microwave?), as Mich said, they're very militant, and, of course, the conduct at their conventions doesn't help their image at all. They try to make us better but in doing so, they do shit that makes us worse, causing the stuff they do that does make our lives better are overlooked because the bad stuff they do takes its place.
I get that they've done a lot for blind people, but I cannot agree with either the way they run things nor do I agree with their philosophies.
As a side note, I'm apart of an association, but I don't think its allied with either the ACB or NFB.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vulcan_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector