Re: What is wrong with the NFB?

On that, you have my complete and utter agreement. I'm not a fan of dogma of any kind, and would prefer that people back themselves up with logic and results and all the rest, wherever possible.
That said, just because you insist on a few specific techniques, that alone doesn't mean you're guilty of dogma, or that you're a bad person/a bad organization. Now, if this was the only thing being suggested, ever, for anyone? Then yeah, okay, that's not great. I don't like the "one true religion" vibe that gives. But I think if it is floated as a viable option, but not the -only viable option, I think that is definitely important.
Most people I know who have either been associated with NFB or have gone to a center are very open to other ways of doing things. They can acknowledge the strengths and the weaknesses of the training centers, structured discovery, sleep shades, the whole lot. They'll be quick to tell you that they hated their sleep shades for the first week and a half, then got used to them when they realized that not being able to use their eyes meant they were paying more attention to the specific things they were being taught. They'll be equally quick to tell you that there are diehards in every organization, people who are NFB for the sake of NFB and not much else below the surface. I don't think that represents the whole of the program or the organization, though, just as the really obnoxious SJWs don't necessarily represent the majority of feminism and the like.