Re: What is wrong with the NFB?

I agree about handwriting. If you're not taught that at the same time your sighted peers are learning it, you're never going to understand it, at least not well. My signature looks like crap too, but the thing is that some sighted people don't put all that much care into their signatures either, there's a reason why a doctor's scribble is as well-known as it is. As long as it's passable, and you're not getting yourself into any legal trouble by using it, I don't see it as being a huge issue, although I do agree that it's helpful to make it as legible as possible. I've heard of some blind folks who use a signature stamp whenever they need to sign something. Of course, this requires that they know how to do it in the first place so that it can be made into a stamp, and I think that's a more legitimate thing to do if you have fine motor issues of some type, but it is an option. I wish I'd been taught to write print letters. I know what they look like, since, as a kid, I had one of those magnetic boards with the letters you could stick to them, but I believe those were all capital letters. I had another toy which was a Sesame Street train track where each piece was a different letter of the alphabet, and to assemble the trrack, you connected them together. Of course, I was far more interested in using them to make curse words when my parents weren't around lol, but again, they were just capital letters, no lowercase.