Re: GDE Game Development

The game objects are templates. When you use the create object action, it creates an Instance of that template. If you have made a game object called "enemy". You can use the create object action 5 times to make 5 copies or that enemy.

And if you have a creation event like the one I showed, you could use a global variable to change the spawn location of each. Such as setting the spawnX and SpawnZ to random values after each enemy is created, meaning the next am enemy will be in another random location.

And if you want enemies to constantly take the place of dead enemies. You could create more enemies in the destruction event of the enemy object. So when one dies a new one is created.

Does that make enough sense? Let me know if you need me to elaborate more

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : SkyGuardian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : claudiogaranzini via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector