Re: GDE Game Development

I have an idea, if anyone would be willing to work with me on this.

Remake Jim Kitchen's Trucker in GDE, with better, realistic sounds I'm still trying to find those, actually driving the truck in 3D audio across the three routes in Jim Kitchen's Trucker, not just a simple text input game where random events happen.

Rest stops are actual locations dotted along the highway maps. Sleeping in your truck would be effective, but not as effective as going in and grabbing a coffee to go first.

In Kitchens trucker, there are no other trucks to avoid on the highway, just trucks passing you that are just ambience. If I could make an AI system where, sounds only they may be, but they're an object in-game that can be avoided and can collide with, that would be nice. I know for a fact with GDE this is possible with the collision actions. I haven't yet messed with the change audip pitch events though, something I'll need to set a local variable on the player truck for setting what the audio will do pitch wise at certain speeds and perhaps volume as well.

This engine does have me thinking about design concepts a lot though.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Charles via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Charles via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Charles via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Charles via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Charles via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : adel . spence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : claudiogaranzini via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : SkyGuardian via Audiogames-reflector