Re: Sequence Storm Rhythm Racing Game

BoundTo wrote:

I've been considering doing some audio recordings of the game just for the fun of it to show off certain levels or aspects if there is any interest.

I was thinking the same as well. I'd be interested if you did recordings.

BoundTo wrote:

There are subtle sounds for when your power and health meters change. I believe you lose health by missing notes, being burned, and maybe hitting barriers?

I notice the power change sound with the music turned down. It sounds like a short motor sound on the right channel. The health sound I only hear occasionally though, if at all. I'm probably just not aware of it.

BoundTo wrote:

The audio cues 2 mode is a lot more challenging in my opinion. It mirrors the visual mode more closely, but it requires some pretty intense reaction speeds even on the easiest missions. I haven't managed to get very far using it myself, but that might just be a lack of skill on my part.

Yeah I agree. The concern I had with audio cues 2 is that in the tutorials, it gives you visual directions, to the point where if you had no clue how to play the game, you'd be completely lost. I'm kinda concerned that there will be more accessibility-related challenges on audio cues 2, so that's why I brought it up. As a concept, it's cool, if not brutally hard. And I haven't gotten very far in the missions with audio cues 2. But yeah you need insane reaction time on those.

After writing my last post I tried some missions on ultra. And, uh, wow. They terrify me but in a good way. I think you have to upgrade your rig to get past some of the missions on the harder difficulties too, which gives you more incentive to keep playing. And on audio cues 2`, forget it. Anything above the easiest setting and you might as well memorize the track because reaction time wont' get you through afaik. Also arcade mode on higher difficulties is fun (currently on medium but I'm guessing harder ones can be unlocked later).

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BoundTo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BoundTo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Diegogaribay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector