Re: Sequence Storm Rhythm Racing Game

I'm now stuck on Hours To Live and a prominent issue that was previously present only in small doses has come up time and time again: I can't always hyperdrift when I need to, with efforts to do so sometimes registering as a boost even with the quickest tap.  I'm not sure how best to resolve this other than by possibly allowing drift to be one button and boost to be a different one, or requiring the hold for boost to be longer.

Also, out of curiosity, why does drift have two sound cues and how long does it take to activate the effect in-game?  The reason I ask is because I want to optimise my drifting so I don't keep failing the mission.

Edit: Discovered that if you turn on tap to speed boost, a dedicated drift button become available.  I'll play about with this and see what happens.
Edit 2: After playing around with this configuration for a little, it does make more sense.  However, the chart itself (I personally feel) is too challenging for standard difficulty when taking into account the need to heal up with an effect that isn't instantaneous and removes a couple of notes of a phrase, making it very difficult to perform reliably.

My potential method of getting around this isn't necessarily to reduce the notes, though that would assist in alleviating some of the stress, but instead just making hyperdrift an instant activation, maybe having it last slightly longer as well would be a good idea.

It's such a shame that, after having so much enjoyment with this game I've seemingly hit a brick wall that neither my skills nor my upgrades can allow me to pass, but hopefully I manage to get past this stage soon.

Thanks to SpecialMagicGames for informing me oof the F5 key being able to be used to replay story segments, that's pretty useful.  Would be good if that was mentioned somewhere but hopefully that's patched in at some point.

Keep up the great work on the game.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : special magic games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SilverMoon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : special magic games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : special magic games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : special magic games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : special magic games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mike-tan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BoundTo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector