Re: Sequence Storm Rhythm Racing Game

Responding to a few people here.
@Stewie
I don't know how much louder the sounds were made, but it's not a large amount. I can hear them though with the music at a decent volume, where as before it was a struggle. I'm not sure if I'm just more aware of them or if they were in fact made louder. The boost power noise is a short car motor sound in the right channel that increases in pitch when you complete patterns. The health bar is a subtle ping in the left channel. You only hear it if you miss notes. To hear these sounds more clearly, turn the music down and try the new order track (it's the slowest and on beginner difficulty the patterns start off as child's play so you can hear what's going on if you hit and miss notes).
@BlindNinja I couldn't agree more with your complements. Great job, Special Magic Games!
@slj, yes you can adjust the game to account for the responsiveness of your sound card. On my default sound card, I have it set to -125, but on another sound card I tried so I could easily show the game to a friend on Team Talk, I had to set it to +50 before I could get similar performance, even though both soundcards have a similar response during normal computer use. I don't know what's going on but the setting is there. I haven't tried with a vm, though. Since those have a lot of inherent lag in the sound, you might have a harder time just because of that.
@Sightless Kombat, I don't have those issues with hyperdrift yet, but I'll check out the posibility of having separate keys since I wouldn't mind that either. The hyperdrift seems to take about a second to start up, during which time I don't think you can hit notes though they'll still show up on the track. After that second is up, you can hit notes again. Each note hit during the hyperdrift will extend it slightly. So what I normally do is, when I want to use a hyperdrift, I do it as the game is giving me a new pattern. This way I don't miss notes, and can use the notes I was just given to boost my hyperdrift. The hyperdrift can't be infinite though... it still fizzes out after a short time, but I can confirm that collecting notes does hold it longer. You can hear where the hyperdrift is at by a robotic motor sound in the right channel. The lower it is, the more depleted the hyperdrift is, and the faster it declines. When you collect notes, you'll hear that decline temporarily lessen for a fraction of a second.
HTH

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SilverMoon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : special magic games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : special magic games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : special magic games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : special magic games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mike-tan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BoundTo via Audiogames-reflector