Re: wayfar1444, a colonization/strategy futuristic mud

Heh, I remember picking the Ranger profesion as my first once, It was hard as tring to slay 100 creatures with the standard stuff is hard, and gets quite annoying when you have trouble crafting powerful weapons.  I just made another char and did fabricator and the like first so I got my buildings and stuff built, and crafted things from spaceships, higher end weapons and armor, and the like.  Next, a trip to the moon with pirate bases with a defense walker robot following is loads of fun.  And considering pirates loads special equipment that have modifiers on the weapons and armor, it is quite nice.  Though it does not seem as if the pirates loads certain weapons like chainblades.  Though I did see a missile launcher at the black market.

    If your finding monster slaying a bit slow, I can go up to a base and gather any useful weapons and armor for you to use.  I usually go up there to grind skillpoints as killing bases awards a lot of skill points to quickly build up skillpoints to build better stuff for goals like fabricator which really need the crafting line of skills asap.