Lost in the Steam

Okay thanks largely to Pitermach, Alt Frequencies, Skullgirls  and sequence storm now have db pages.

However, I obviously thought it was time I tried this thing for myself and set steam up.

Well despite two initial problems, namely Steam not recognizing that greaterthan signs are a symbol and so not being able to count to 8 characters for a password, and steam then deciding to install in I believe polish first time around (yes that was fun), I managed to get the damnable thing installed and even downloaded and ran the sequence storm demo, the interface still seems pretty bare.

I added the no-dwrite -login my user name (which is Darkthetenor), and my pasword to the desktop shortcut, as pitermach described in the guide, however the interface still doesn't show much when I look by screen review.

When I first looked it just had my email address at the top and "steam play," no store, no friends list, no features or achievements.

When I went to the website and installed the sequence storm demo, it now says "sequence storm demo 4.4" and then "2.2" at the bottom, with an elipsis on the page somewhere.

Is this  what I should be seeing? I assumed the interface would have more on it, unless all of the friends and achievements and stuff come on the website.

Also, when I initially installed the version in polish I got some sort of notification, but well it was in polish so I couldn't understand it.
I got no notifications with this one, nor any emails from steam either.

I have run NvdA's recognition, but it doesn't seem to be showing me much extra either, though whether this is a steam issue, an NVdA issue or what I don't know.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
did the text I added to the shortcut work properly?

While I'm glad the sequence storm demo worked and I can obviously played it, I'm a little wary of getting too much in to other things if the client or web account has a problem.

Advice very much appreciated.